Tuesday, January 08, 2008

New Year and New Challenges

Well, it's been a relaxing break - lots of fun, lots of food, alcohol, friends and family, so now it's back into the groove...reassess, get body moving again and get food nicely back on track.
I think it's always important to give yourself a bit of a break - don't go overboard, but just chill out a little so that you can come back with renewed focus - always a good reminder too of some of the food choices that you end up making, how bad they actually make you feel!!!

My exercise intensity is nowhere near where I'd like it to be at present, but... given that I do puppy morning shifts, this is understandable..and I'm doing what I can. Things may be able to normalise and ramp up a little since she is now officially 12 weeks old and three days - and fully vaccinated. Her first walk on the streets near home will be tomorrow morning. That should be interesting to say the least. Will have to pack a couple of cheestiks for crumbly soft treats along the way..

I didn't get to do any of my practical PT stuff over the break, mainly due to the fact that nobody was going in to Fitness First for their fitness evaluations, therefore, nobody to observe. Damnations... will it ever end? so close...but yet so far!!!

I'm back riding my horse again, and I think this year... I've now ridden more times than I did for the whole of last year! Hopefully he can remain injury free... mind you, we're still officially in what's known as a 'red zone' so who knows if or when we can ever leave the property to do any competitions! Still, I'm happy to be back riding again.. feels good.

So I'll be posting some new goals soon.

2 comments:

Sue said...

How did that first walk go? I want more photo's please of the puppies, how are they getting along?

ms_attitude said...

Hey Sue, LOL... this is going to change from a fitness blog to a puppy blog!
First walk was fine, she was hesitant to leave our steps at first, but ..after some gentle persuasion of the food kind she then decided it was okay! I think I have the most feral puppy in the world though - this morning half way into the walk she decided it was play time, ie launching and hanging off my arm and leg of my shorts..my shoelaces... She's almost there with the bite inhibition..but not yet.... aaaaahhhh!!!