Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Running

Well, after having to 'stall' my couch to 5km program that I was so enjoying (okay, I lie) to train, I have been doing just a nice running session on Thursday mornings each week. As you know... I am a crap runner. So, I have to ensure my iPod is loaded... thank god for Faithless Renaissance - Studio remix - which has their remix of such wonderfully funky (and long) versions of I feel Love by Donna Summer etc. Yes, I am old, but it keeps me going.
I decided to resume the couch to 5km as it is a real mind struggle for me to just jog..and jog..and jog... without my brain overriding everything and saying STOP! The iPod goes a long way in helping. Anyhow, I managed to do a 8minute run non stop, then a 6 minute run to finish with a 3min walk in between. Much better than my 6 minute run, then 4 minute run of last week, so I shall repeat this again next week, then increase both times again.
Aaah, I hear all you runners scoffing... but I would seriously prefer running up stairs, in soft sand and sprinting ...honest!!

No comments: