Thursday, March 01, 2007

Horses & Fools

I'm sure there must be some old wise saying by confucius - he who has bloody gorgeous black horse is bloody fool. Tonight, he's had a change of heart - perhaps he realised that in retirement he would not be rugged the minute it looked inclement and fed three times a day. Tonight he trotted up sound...not a whisper of lameness. So...let's just see what Saturday, then Sunday bring.... my farrier is due on Tuesday to take shoes off in readiness for retirement...or else..put new ones back on in readiness for work. Perhaps I should see what happens when I ring the saddle fitter - twice now I've had to cancel... can it be third time lucky?

I cannot believe how wonderfully lush it all looks out there now - just a few weeks ago it was tinder dry - now it's lush, long green grass, with full dams. Bliss.

No comments: