Thursday, February 21, 2008

The beach provides stress release...

It's amazing what just being able to go for a run on the beach can do for your mind.
Going to the beach always makes me giggle....which probably sounds silly, it certainly probably sounds silly to anyone who hears me giggling on the beach as I race away from the water before my running shoes get swamped! But... it's all I need to get my brain into a nice space.

So yesterday morning, was my thursday morning partner workout session on the beach. We did lots of sprints, soft sand, boxing, and abs in a bit of a circuit. Was a good 40 minute session.

This morning I was determined to get in another beach session, and I managed to get a 30 minut session in after giving the pup a training walk - had a private lesson for her last night which was fantastic just to cement things in my head about what I should be doing!
So this morning I did a quick warmup walk then jog, then did a circuit of :
hard(ish) sand sprint, walk to soft sand, then jog soft sand, walk back to start of sprint line. So it's a 40metre each length square.
Given my lack of CV fitness at the moment, this was more than enough to get my legs pumping and my heart rate up!

I am currently nursing a strained 'supinator' muscle in my arm (sits next to brachioradialis) and is responsible for supinating your forearm... (ooh, wow, really?! LOL).
So, currently there is no proper boxing for me - just light punches on that arm, but tomorrow I intend to do a nice leg session - just all compound moves - lighter weights, then do some kickboxing.

No comments: