Monday, February 18, 2008

Stressed & tired...

Being stressed and tired is just no fun at all! Work is just overly hectic with quite a few new projects all piling into one big doozy project which is due for launch in June, and still no replacement for my manager..which leaves..MOI!
c'est la vie.

I've just been working out what sessions I want to attend at this year's FILEX and there appear to be quite a few. Last year at least I could stay at my friend's place which was a mere tram ride away..however, no such luck as they've moved just up the road from us! Which is great, except for when i need somewhere to stay in Sydney LOL.

This morning's workout was back to Legs again - so took pup for her quick walk - our trainer has suggested to ensure she learns to heel and not pull, you just say, okay we're going out for x minutes today. The minute they start to pull, you just stop - when they return to your side, you praise & continue the walk. Sometimes you may only get as far as two lampposts down the road before it's time to turn and go home...but with consistency, you've trained your dog to not pull and walk beside you.
Jemima's version of walking beside me also consists of a few leaps and bounds at my side also... so full of life!
Anyhow, when I got back home, I did swiss ball squats, nice, slow and deep to fire up the joints. Then onto barbell squats, DB lunges (made more difficult as I did have to keep changing directions to avoid a certain pup who just had to be between my lunging legs...!), sumo squats, leg extensions and leg curls.

No comments: