Thursday, May 29, 2008

Blink and it's Friday again

It appears that time is just going way too fast these days. I feel as though I am just rushing from one thing to another, without time to stop and smell the roses along the way.

Yeah yeah. Whatever!

All totally self inflicted of course.

I am sure I'll slow down soon enough.

On another note, I subscribe to a lot of fitness emails, and one thing that keeps creeping in to the subject lines is 'the great cardio debate'. It's an interesting topic, and obviously one that requires constant regurgitation, because the masses will probably go to their graves believing that more constant steady state cardio is the only way to lose weight.

If I think back to the first time i did Body for Life, I lost around 12-14 kilos, and I do recall the first 4 weeks was just getting out and walking because I'd become a bit of a lazy slug. The last 12 weeks was definitely into the sprint intervals!
..and they were only 20 minutes three times a week. Not much really. I think that was the thing I loved so much about the Body for Life concept. Not only was it fairly easy to fit in - 40 minutes of weights x 3 a week, and 20 minutes of cardio x 3 a week, but... it worked.
I think right now, I could do with a B4L revisit - just to regain some control and structure and make myself set more goals and go all out to achieve them. I've just been spinning my wheels for too long this year allowing other things to take priority.


This weekend I'm off to another dog show with Miss Jemima!

No comments: