Monday, June 09, 2008

Got to love a long weekend!

How nice is a long weekend? That one extra day really seems to make such a difference. You can actually get things done, and not feel as though you are just rushing the whole time.
Bliss.

However... some dry weather would have been more than appreciated. My poor horse is just a little bored - and this will mean he'll be a little naughty next time he gets worked..think bucking bronco !

Still, Miss Jemima got thoroughly spoiled with lots of runs around up at the property over the weekend. I'm trying to discourage her from leaping up to Kado's mouth to kiss him though - she thinks he must be a big dog - just one that smells a bit strange. It's cute, but... she thinks all horses are just as cool as the Kado..

Had a great workout yesterday afternoon, managed to kick and punch the bejesus out of my bag in the back room - this I alternated with star jumps, then I finished with a variety of ab exercises. Then this morning I took Jemima for a walk around the block and then worked chest and shoulders - they are pretty tired from yesterday, so feeling nice and sore now.

Food's been great too - all meals are planned, and written on the fridge. We didn't want to buy a new fridge, but the door was looking a little less than pretty - a few bubbles of rust etc were coming through... solution: blackboard paint!!!
It's the best - you can write your shopping list, notes to the other half, important dates and meals for the week on your fridge! Very handy.

Dare I say... finally back on track?!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

I love the rain, but we don't a lot down here. Just every now and then.

I have always wanted a punching bag... I think there would be nothing better then punching all my stress out!

Sounds like a great workout!