Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Cold and dark!

Seriously, yes, dark I can sort of deal with...but cold as well? brrrrrr it was pretty chilly this morning, with a strong south westerly blowing. The sky was as clear as anything though...hence the chill I think.
So, I put on my new heart rate monitor, got my iPod on, and off I set.
Firstly... iPod battery dead. GOD! HOW WILL I COPE RUNNING WITHOUT IT?
Then, I'm either dead, or just haven't worked out the HR monitor properly.
I'm thinking it's the latter.
Anyhow, since my continuous run session last week, I had planned on a broken one this morning, lengthening the second stage run a little. So, this morning, I warmed up walking 3 mins, then jogged 11 minutes (and getting much further than usual, even with a strong head wind), walked 3 mins, then jogged another 8 mins and finished off cooling down walking 3 mins. As I turned, so did the wind (of course it did...why would it stick to a southerly and make it easy for me when it can change to a north westerly?) so I was pretty happy with my efforts this morning on several fronts.
No iPod
I just ran, no issue, no stupid inner voice telling me to stop - I think I may have slapped that one down. Yay.
My pace has gotten better
I actually enjoyed it
I increased my length of time running overall
So next week, I will aim for 20 minutes continuous.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Great job Caroline.

Adelaide morning for Bootcamp was cold, wet and windy and it took me hours to warm up afterwards. I don't mind the dark either, but rain and wind. Brrrr

Kek said...

One of those days where technology ganged up on you..... I hate those. Nice work anyway - seems to be cold and windy all around at the moment.

What else are you doing at Filex? Selina and I are going...