Thursday, August 16, 2007

BrisVegas or Bust

Well, life has been pretty hectic since we returned from holidays.
Our Bali trip was just exactly what we needed - total relaxation (the Balinese are keen to tell you constantly to just relack!)
We knew our little beloved girl was being looked after at home by our good friends, so we knew she was in good hands, so we enjoyed ourselves totally - cocktails, swimming, sunning, even went running each morning on the beach - saw Michael Klim going for his run too.
Husband got in 19 surfs - so he was pretty happy too.
Oh....did I mention the shopping? hehe. What would a Bali trip be without some good old retail therapy? Got some fabulous silver jewellery too.

Our house is so empty with no 'puppy' love in the home at the moment.... we're quite lost without our little girl.

Well, my calf muscle has well and truly healed, thank goodness, and I am nearly completed week 2 of my Afterburn program. This morning met up for the first time in aaaages with my beach training partner, and we recommenced our weekly beach session.

This weekend I will be:

Saturday: am/ Afternburn workout mid am/ ride horse lunch: drive to see newborn 'son' - a little Rhodesian Ridgeback boy that we will have in 7 weeks time :-)
Sunday: am/ Fly to BrisVegas for Brother in Law's 50th birthday, then drive back with husband (who has left towing the snotmobile for a surprise racetrack day already) on the Monday.

3 comments:

Sara said...

My first dog was a Rhodesian Ridgeback. I thought he was way cool, even though at 10 I didn`t quite have the muscles to take him for a walk (he walked me)!

Kristy said...

Hi Caroline

I just discovered your blog from Kek's blog and I see that you are doing the Afterburn program. Did you buy the book from the US and is worthwhile. I am looking at it for myself, but just want to know if it is worth the money. Also did you buy the one book or both.

Thanks for your help
Kristy

ms_attitude said...

Oh Sara, I can imagine you being bounced along behind your bounding ridgeback! I will post photos soon of my little boy - they are currently on my phone and I just have to work out how to download them... and get some time too!!!

Hi Kristy, thanks for popping in. I did get the Afterburn program from the US - online. I guess with anything, it's a personal thing, but I am enjoying just the difference in training. It focuses more on functional exercises in a circuit format - so it just changes things around for a bit.