Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Sore Glutes

Well, I think the combo of Deadlifts, Bulgarian Split Squats and the supine hip / leg extension thingy have really killed my glutes.... of course followed that evening by kickboxing.. then a beach session this morning.

I think I have come to a (difficult) decision regarding my horse. It's time he went out into the big green retirement paddock and played out the rest of his days, without me desperately trying to get him sound again for one thing or another...or simply just to ride. I can honestly say I could count the number of times I've ridden on both hands since October last year....so just shy of a year... if it was just an abberation I could cope...but it's not..it's been more the norm. I think in the 9 years I've had him, probably had about 2-3 good years.... the rest have all been downtime/injuries/recovering....and now he's rising 16.... no spring chicken!

Still, on the bright side, I'll have more money for the time being...and more time to get my business up and running (and time for me to finish my practical side of the course)...and of course, time for our new babies.

Now, I was supposed to stop looking for a second 'child' for the time being. I did promise...but how can you, when you know there are thousands of poor unwanted dogs out there just looking for someone to love them for the rest of their doggie days...
..enter Flick
http://www.petrescue.com.au/view/13275#pic.
who is:
(a) Alive
(b) Available
(c) Has been looking for someone to love her since February..
(d) In the same town as me with her foster carer

Now... I just have to chat to the husband.

5 comments:

Kristy said...

Thanks Caroline for the information on Afterburn. Are you finding the nutrtion easy to follow as well as the exercises? Would you recommend buying it? How long have you been doing it for? What sort of results? Sorry for all the questions, but I don't like buying another book to just gather dust like a few others I have.

Thanks again for all your help.
Kristy

ms_attitude said...

Well, to be honest, I've just really started to get into it - I started for a week or two prior to going away to Bali, then have just restarted now I'm back !
Nutrition wise, I follow Precision Nutrition. I like it, it works, it works for me, and it's easy to do!

Kristy said...

Thanks Caroline, just wondering what version of Precision Nutrition. Is it 2.0?

ms_attitude said...

Yes, the latest version was the one I forked out for (the postage was the worst!).
If you want to try Precision Nutrition, I suggest getting the book Metabolism Advantage which is really a condensed version that goes into all the principles of the program. That way you don't have to fork out too many $$$$$ to give it a go.

Kristy said...

Thanks for your help. I will go and check out the metabolism advantage book and see what it is like. At only $42 alot cheaper than the $180 for the whole pack.

Also I look forward to seeing your results on the Afterburn program as I am still tempted to buy this as well.

I'll be back.

Have a great weekend
Kristy