Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I'm not superstitious...but.....

I can't help feeling as though I must have broken a mirror some time ago.

Now, did I foolishly say I was going to ride my horse on Saturday? Silly me...
Saturday morning dawns and I had a phone call from the agistment property... 'Kado has cut his leg'..
When I get there, it appears that Kado has spiked himself on a stick - obviously a very sturdy one as it has left a nice puncture in his front leg - and also chipped a small piece of bone off with it. Excellent.
Faster than you can say, vet bill, the vet's there and it is all bandaged up. (after he'd fossicked in the wound to see if there was any more broken bits...eeeuuuuww).
$Kerching $Kerching.
Hopefully it will heal up nicely, otherwise it may get an infection in the bone.
$Kerching $Kerching.
Which would mean an operation. Hear that cash register ring!
Still... all was not lost on Saturday. I met our gorgeous little tiny bear boy - his eyes were still closed. So cute.
His Mum is divine. I had forgotten just how seriously beautiful ridgeback girls can be. So serene and majestic.
I would have missed my flight on Sunday morning too, had it not been for my friend who was driving me up waking me up with her knocking at the door..... Unbelievable!! I never sleep that late..... a mad race then ensued showering and getting dressed to still get to the airport on time!
Enjoyed the birthday party, then on Monday got up and did the big drive home from BrisVegas to the Gong.
Finally got in at 9.30pm...knackered!
Yesterday I made the mistake of googling to see if I could find the breeder who owns our little boy's dad. Came across a 4 year old Ridgeback girl who had been rescued from euthanasia.
Did some quick grovelling with dear other half and he said yes, happy to save her. Only to call the foster carer and find out she had died after being desexed.
Poor little angel. So I have promised to not do any more searching for our second 'child' yet...
Too much of an emotional roller coaster ride.
Off to kickboxing tonight...had to miss out on weekend and Monday sessions!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Boy you can take a knock or two can't you. Its funny I thought of purchasing a ridgeback but dazza said no, not fair. Hope your horsie is doing better.