Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Bike Trainer Part 2

So, I did start back on my bike trainer - but thought..the wheel sounds a bit loose and wobbly.. I'm sure it wasn't like that before. Dear husband takes it off and rattles it around a bit and...yup, the thingy's broken. Yup, I can't remember the name of the thingy but, there you go. Another $35 later (after $40 for the new tyre and tube)..and I now have a bike working again.
I think an exercise bike may have been less hassle and $$$!!! Still, I guess I can use one bike for both indoor and outdoor... so it takes up less room I suppose.

I was panicking as I needed to have the bike all fit and ready for Sunday's assessment. Never mind that I'm not fit and ready - ie my neck and shoulder are still cranky. I haven't had time to get back to the physio as I've been working too many damned hours... do you think that could be why my neck and shoulder are still full of knots? Hmmm batman, maybe.

Today was a timely reminder of ensuring you retain a healthy work/life balance - one of our managers (36) had a bit of a dizzy/semi unconscious turn at work - it's his major project that I am helping deliver for launch in 10 days - and he's currently having his heart monitored in hospital.

It's work people...it ain't worth going out in a box for.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Very true Caroline it is only work. Thats why I have no aspirations to be a manager. I am very happy to be a grunt at the bottom of the food chain lol. I hope he is ok.

ms_attitude said...

Hi Kristy, so true. It's so easy to lose sight of the things we should - ie our health in times of great stress and workloads.
He has been released from hospital but is resting up at home, thank goodness. Given our company apparently prides itself on its bond and the work / life balance thing... it kind of makes a mockery of it. Lip Service almost!