Thursday, July 03, 2008

When $200 turns into around $2000-$3000

Of course, this sort of thing only happens in the bad way, right? Never in your favour! I suppose that is murphy's law!
Anyhow, I had the saddle fitter up, to supposedly restuff and reshape the saddles to fit my horse's changed back - and it appears that my horse now needs a wider gullet in both saddles. That's okay for my jumping saddle as he can easily pull the old gullet out and put a new one in...but for the dressage saddle, no go. I need a new saddle...
So that means around $2-3,000. He thinks he may be able to sell my old saddle for me for around $800-900, so... fingers crossed...and then fingers crossed again he may come across a decent second hand dressage saddle that may be suitable to fit to my boy.
Horses.
The cheapest thing about them is the purchase price!!!

No comments: