Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Afterburn update

Well, after working through Afterburn - not 100% but probably around 75-80%, I have to say, I would either have to trial it 150% or just accept that it is not suitable for me.

I feel fatter, and my clothes are tighter. So.... this week I have gone back to heavy weights, 4 sets 8-12 reps and guess what? fat's dropping again.

Go figure. Horses for courses I guess. I am currently awaiting a bicycle trainer so that I can hook my bike up and make it stationary so I can do some HIIT after I've walked/jogged the dog. I think for me to make the Afterburn effective I would need to alternate 4 weeks of Afterburn with 4 weeks of heavy training.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Interesting to hear Caroline. I am about to start my 2nd section, but am really looking forward to making my own program again with heavy short sets... I miss a lot of exercises as well... It will be interesting to see how the next set goes.