Thursday, November 08, 2007

My challenge...

Since I am going to have to fit my workouts in around keeping the dog exercised enough and sane...as well as work and riding and..and...and...
This is how my weeks/workouts are going to be planned based on being able to get a good night's sleep:

Monday:
5.50am - get up - cut up cabanossi for bribes & grab dog for her walk or walk & run. Staffies are muscular little beasties that need a good warmup and can't be allowed to overheat either, so all care must be taken!!
6.20am - return home, start playing fetch in between workout - rest = throw kong.
Workout - Legs - Heavy day - which will consist of a combination of:
Swiss ball squats - nice and deep to get joints lubricated.
Barbell squats.
Walking lunges
Romanian deadlift
Deadlift
4 sets of around 8-10 of each exercise with 2 mins rest in between.
Monday afternoon - if I finish work on time - kickboxing

Tuesday:
Pooch walk all the same, then workout:
Chest, Shoulders & Abs
Warmup with pushups
Barbell bench press
Incline dumbbell chest press
barbell military press
barbell upright row
dumbbell lateral raise
Swiss ball crunches
Tuesday afternoon: ride horse... Yay - unless it continues to rain the way it has and it's still too darn wet - these things are always conspiring against me!!

Wednesday:
Pooch walk all the same, then workout:
Intervals - hopefully next week on bike trainer :-) my nice birthday pressie.
Evening: kickboxing - again, based on being able to leave work at 5.05pm at the latest... class starts at 5.30!

Thursday:
Up at 5.15am for pooch walk, then at 6am down beach for partner punishment. Okay, I possibly punish her a little more

These consist of jogs on hard sand (if available) soft sand - more likely, sprints on hard or soft sand as before... kickboxing with kickpad and boxing with focus mitts. Lots of ab work - crunches lifting up to two punches on the kickpad and back down. It's about 50 minutes of hard slog.
Thursday eve: ride

Friday:
Back up at 5.50am (ooh, sleep in!) for walk/jog
then home for intervals - this morning I did plyometrics. Killer. :-)

Saturday:
Back, Biceps & Abs or Kickboxing.
Walk dog, Ride

Sunday:
Rest. Dog training, ride.

I think I like being in control of my workouts. It's great to try something different, but.... I need to lift heavy I think - especially for my east german legs ;-)

So, my challenge for the next four weeks is to really get stuck into my newly designed workout and shed the fat that I have accumulated from afterburn... I already feel better after this first week!!!

My other challenge is to damn well pull my finger out and do my 20 hours practical. I will call Fernwood Woonona tomorrow... I will ... I will.....

No comments: