Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The crisp mornings of Autumn

Wow, the last couple of mornings have been cool and crisp... a distinct feel of autumn in the air - and those beautiful clear warm days that accompany it. Lovely :-)

This morning as I lurched out of bed at 5.45 - I noticed my left glute was incredibly sore again...so god only knows what I have done to it - probably just returning to sitting all day at work again after a nice long weekend when it almost felt right again. Damn.

Still, I figured nothing a nice warmup jog & sprint session down the beach wouldn't fix.
Wrong.
But, I headed down, the moon was nice and bright, the tide was out (lush, firm sand!), so I had moonlight to see by, and firm sand (ie no 'Caroline traps' dug into the sand) to walk, jog and sprint on. All felt well in the glute & breathing departments... until I got home.
When I got out of the car again the muscle just felt so seized up.
Warm shower, massage and two nurofen later... all feels sort of okay.

No comments: