Sunday, March 30, 2008

Day 1 - Couch to 5km

Well, today is the first day of my new program, which not only incorporates turbulence training, but three days a week of the couch to 5km program.
I hate jogging with a passion - well, anything that is just slow and repetitive kind of bores me - so this will be quite a challenge. My only jogging is really on the beach, and then it's only used as a warmup to get me in the right state of preparedness for my sprints!

So, I headed out at 6am in the dark to trudge around my neighbourhood - you never really truly realise the hillyness of the area until you go out walking or running in it. Anyhow, suffice to say, my 60sec on/90sec off involved a lot of hills in the 'on' stage! Still, onwards and UPWARDS! Of course, the bit getting home is the worst stretch of upwards..
then I took the baby girl for her walk/bounce - oooh, look, there's a moth.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

How do you find the turbulence training? Is it things you can do at home without any equipment or how does it work? I would like to be able to do a half hour workout each monring at home before work instead of going to the gym for a change.

I was looking at his package last night working out if I want to spend the money or not. I'd love to hear what you think.

Cheers
kristy