Tuesday, March 18, 2008

ooooooh the pain....

now, the beach can be a fantastic place to workout. In particular, it offers you all sorts of surface and resistance levels, so you can do a great varied workout.

However the tide is what dictates your workout...

This morning, the tide was in. So.. my only option, was soft soft dry sand to run on. Boy, I am nowhere near as fit as I was a year ago.
Add to that, doing this on the back of my leg workout yesterday made for a bit of hard work.

AND it was still dark by the time I finished my workout.

I love daylight saving, I love being able to ride at night without the aid of artificial lights.
But... at this time of year, I hate running on the beach, a lone solitary figure, in the dark... especially when some damn kids have left great big 'Caroline' traps in the sand.

No comments: