Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Falling apart...

On Monday since it was a public holiday, there was no kickboxing class..so since I now have a bag in my garage under the house (which I can only hit VERY lightly otherwise it shakes the whole house as it's attached to a floor beam....and the dog gets very upset) I thought I'd do some technique practice. Somehow my calf muscle in my left leg seized up a little... no problem I thought. Husband kindly massaged it.. and I thought for sure it would be okay in the morning.

Wake up, head down the beach...notice my calf is still a little stiff, but figure I'll walk & warm up then try a light jog. Ha! well, I started to jog and then 'ping' felt as though something snapped and excrutiating pain..there must be a slight rupture in the soleus tendon as it is really deep and really hard to locate. Well, all I could do was just laugh (despite the pain), purely at the sight of myself attempting to look and be fit and healthy, and there I was in the pitch black hobbling pitifully to get back to my car. I didn't know which leg to hobble on...the one with the broken pinky or the other one..
Still...a day later and it's starting to ease up thanks to nurofen gel, ice gel, ice...you name it.. and I made up my 'knit dem bones tm' concoction to heal my toe and already it appears to have shrunk a little...

Oh... I got 87% in my exam! So far that makes it 86%, 85%, 92% and now 87%... all good!! Hoping to have the last module finished pretty soon - all pretty basic marketing stuff, so should go well enough -

No comments: