Thursday, September 25, 2008

Another gorgeous morning

I really love this time of year. It's just the right light at the right time of day..the right temperature - gorgeous during the day and cooling off at night so you still like to get under the covers to sleep.
No mossies..just yet.

AND.. the best of all...the gorgeous fruit coming in to the shops. I bought so many punnets of strawberries - (they were only 79c each) yesterday, blueberries, mangoes... and made a nice big fruit salad which we are munching away on.

A slight bit of DOMS this morning meant my run session wasn't quite as good and free as Wednesday's, but it was still good...and again, no ITB issues or shin issues... gotta be grateful for that!

There's a lot booked in for this weekend, starting with Jemima's obedience training class (9-10), then straight up to the horse as the saddle fitter is meeting me again to see how the new saddle fits with me in the saddle... Kado's so delicate when it comes to new saddles, it's a slow process... a week's worth of long rein work under saddle and hopefully he should be ready to take me on top in it as well!!

The saddle fitter joked that perhaps we needed to line the arena with mattresses just in case Kado did his usual bucking bronco impersonation...

Anyhow, after that I might try and fit in a Total Body/Pilates/Yoga session from my new Tracey Staehle DVD that just came in from Liz.
Then Sunday can be a day off - aside from (hopefully) riding, then off to my little niece's 2nd birthday party!

No comments: