Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The things that niggle in the back of your head...

Gosh, with all this financial doom and gloom going on around us - what does this all really mean to us? Am I going to be stupid by even thinking I can start a personal training business in such times of financial disaster?? Or is that just my procrastination head stuck firmly in place, looking for any excuse?

Oh well.. just suck it and see hey?!

I read a worrying thing in the latest NZ Fitness Life magazine about 'farmed' fish AND 'irradiation' of certain foods - in particular things like tropical fruits such as mangoes. And .. believe it or not... our foods over here are irradiated - I had no idea that our Food Authority had this passed in parliament - albeit quietly.

and there I was, off to buy some nice fish for dinner and mangoes.. ha! organic anywhere in Wollongong??? I shall search.


But... my run this morning went well - it felt a little struggly at times, probably more in my head than anything. Maybe I should stick the iPod on my arm on Friday.

I had to cut through the bush again this morning as I couldn't face the other two hills (the bush cuts it down to one bigger hill - but it saves my calves which are screaming at the moment for some reason) - and yes, I got swooped by the same magpie. I ended up walking backwards around a corner up a hill...no mean feat in the bush - and that stopped it! Then took baby for her walk, god she's lovely, and then did some abs and shoulders after. Phew.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

I think you should do great with your business. Anything is possible with a little hard work and if you really want it...

ms_attitude said...

Thanks Kristy. I am the queen of procrastination!