Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Precision Nutrition

This one's for Jadey.

After following the Body for Life way of doing things for quite a while, I felt like I need to change things around a bit. I did get great results with Body for Life, but felt like I just needed something different - change is good, right?
Sometimes, mucking around with things can have disastrous effects. Like when I tried to do 'Afterburn'. Obviously/Maybe? I just wasn't doing it right, motivated enough to put the effort in...and I put on weight. Enter Precision Nutrition. The thing I like about Precision Nutrition is that nothing's really off limits - so long as you time it right. I think it takes the whole 'new way of eating' to another level - for me it works. I'm now into week 2 of getting myself right back into line, and I'll let you know more results in a week or so.
When I was last following this way of eating - I had nice shoulder veins popping out - for the first time in my life. I was so proud. Then we went to Bali, came back and my beloved Suki puppy died, everything went into spiral mode..and now I'm back out the other side focussing back on me. Shoulder veins here I come ;-)
It's worth a dust off!

4 comments:

Kek said...

Afterburn is not for everyone.... the nutrition is a bit wishy-washy in terms of actual instructions anyway. But the training assumes that you have: a) amazing powers of endurance and recovery; and b) the ability to objectiovely self-assess and change the program to suit your own abilities.

I hated it and quit after 5 weeks. It bored me stupid. My husband stubbornly did the entire 16 weeks even though it was too much volume and too little recovery for his needs. Not surprisingly, he didn't achieve amazing results.

I love parts of the training program and inflict them on my clients, but as a whole, I think it has limited appeal.

PN is great as a nutrition program - just make sure you act intuitively and add extra starchy carbs if/when your body tells you they're needed. Read the individualisation guide several times and apply the appropriate tweaks for your goals, types of training and your body's needs.

ms_attitude said...

Thanks for that Kek. I'm glad I'm not the only one that wasn't wowed by Afterburn. I agree, I love some of the exercises that I can now incorporate (and do), but.. agree, as a whole it just didn't do it for me.
I also think the 'individualisation' part of the PN way just makes it so much more user friendly. I think it allows you to not be scared of certain foods - that's what I like the most.

ms_attitude said...

PS. Love your new avatar :-)

Jadey said...

Oohhhh thanks hun!