Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Week 4 - couch to 5km

Well, I am very pleased with myself that I have managed to get this far in the program - which now entails:
Warmup walk 5 mins
Jog 3 mins
Walk 90 sec
Jog 5 mins (FIVE minutes? sheesh that's a mind game)
Walk 2 1/2 mins
Then repeat - jog 3 etc
Then finish with a 5 minute cooldown walk and stretch.
So..total of 16 minutes jogging.
THAT is a MAJOR milestone for me (aside from when I was jogging the full length of my beach in the soft sand... that'll be my next regain goal!)

I do suffer so much from boredom... I will try and remember to get the iPod in it's little case and strap it on my arm to take away the boredom voices in my head.

I've sponsored a mixed touch footy team with shirts - Attitude to Burn. Slackers lost their first game ;-) but they say they looked the best on the field! :-)

No comments: