Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Week 3 - couch to 5km

Woo! a major milestone. I actually STARTED week 3 of my couch to 5km program. I took myself..no..make that dragged myself out of bed at 5.35am..and then went down to the beach to run along the bike path. I didn't have the energy to avoid magpies or hike back up hills at the end...chicken, plus I thought that the change of scenery would help keep me going. After all.. I had to run for three minutes today..in 2 bursts. Talk about a test of my mind power! How pathetic am I??

So this week's schedule is Wed/Fri/Sun - 5min walk warmup, jog 90sec, walk 90 sec, jog 3 min, walk 3 min..then repeat..and finish with 5min walk to cool down.
Then go home, walk dog for 15-20 minutes, then finish with some ab work.

Thursday will be a nice hard legs day, Saturday I am going to do some kettlebell training, and yesterday was just a bodyweight circuit which involved pushups, burpees, squat jumps, get up situps, mountain climbers, planks and one legged bridge/bum raises - the proper name for which eludes my sleep addled brain ;-)
Whilst the state of play in the mornings is currently killing me - well, not quite, but you know what I mean... it was LOVELY to be able to ride my horse in the evening with NO lights required.
Yay for daylight saving :-)

No comments: