Sunday, May 27, 2007

Fabulous weekend

Well, this weekend the wind luckily decided to disappear - we have had the strongest, coldest southwesterlies blowing last week. Now they have been replaced by ..just beautiful deep blue sky and warm weather - well, 22-23 degrees.
I saw in the paper that the whales have started their migration Northerly - with one humpback photographed off of Long Reef beach north of Sydney last Friday.
So...my scanning of the waters has commenced in earnest!!! I can guarantee it will almost be like the Kit Kat ads.... I'll be looking, looking, then head up to my car and then they'll all be their, breaching, leaping... frolicking...
I had to jog on the beach barefoot this morning. It's still too painful to put a shoe on my foot - poor little toe is still twice its normal size.
Figured that the frozen-ness of my feet on the run would help keep the swelling down.
Sort of therapy .
The saddle fitter came back to readjust my saddles for my horse - what a difference a few weeks back in full work makes to a horse's muscles - when he readjusted them before my horse still had a marked muscle wastage on one side, so he had to account for that when he restuffed them. Now all that has gone and my horse had shown crabbiness again under one saddle - well, it appears that one was built up a bit more on one side to allow for the muscles - which have reappeared, so it was sitting heavier on that side because of it.
What a difference when I rode him in the new fixed version - he felt like a dressage horse...

off to kickboxing again tonight.
We've now officially lost the use of our back room before the new slab is poured on Friday...so a whole week of my dog trying to go through to the back room to get out to the backyard and us having to walk her around through the back gate...
hope she can hold on during the night... otherwise I will have to shove my husband forcefully in the small of his back to go and help her ... hehe.

1 comment:

Cherub said...

You've been tagged. Come visit my blog.