Thursday, May 31, 2007

Winter's here!

I couldn't believe just how cold it was this morning..... I had been woken at 2.56am and failed to return to my slumber...when I dared look at the clock next it was 4.59...and I knew it was only a small matter of a half hour before that rude bleeping would force me to get up.
I fleeced up, with hood...and put my running shoes on, despite my toe not being entirely happy ensconced within the shoes. I only managed to walk the beach - just did about 2.1km, then I braved (or stupided if that can be a word!) the cold icy sand and went barefoot to do some sprints - managed 4 x 80m sprints on the firm sand - before I decided to get out of the freezing wind (it was still only 8 degrees), get some shoes back on my frozen feet and get into my shower!
More of the same tomorrow.
Tonight I was going to ride the pony, but... that same cold southwesterly was blowing, and it's always a few degrees colder up there than down here on the coast - and I just didn't have the heart to take his warm rugs of, to make him prance around at my expense in the cool. If I had some competitions planned, it might be a different kettle of fish, but with nothing immediately looming on the horizon, Saturday's another day!
He didn't seem too perturbed.
Tomorrow's back with those dastardly agencies that love to put all sorts of junk on the tables in front of us. Still, it's easy to resist these days. I've got my lunch ready - pecan crusted chicken breast with baby spinach leaves.
Back to kickboxing on Saturday morning, then off to ride.
Our concrete slab is being poured in our back room on Saturday morning - consequently our laundry is non existent at present - which makes washing clothes interesting, or it will anyhow come Saturday.
We had an attic ladder installed today - so much room up there! No wonder Diamante our lovely python has enjoyed that space! No sign of her at present, so she must be keeping a low profile.

No comments: