Thursday, May 24, 2007

work, toes and silly things....

What a week.
Well, during the kickboxing warmup on Wednesday night which consisted of a 30 pushup/30situp interlude, during the switch from pushup to situp my little toe must have caught on the matting and wrenched backwards.."Ouch" I proclaimed, then watched it swell to about three times the size of the other one. Hmmm. No matter, keep going, just being careful not to miss-hit the bag when I was kicking.
Got home, iced. ..oh...and showered...
next morning, still swollen, tried foolishly to put running shoe on, decided that Thursday morning was not going to be a usual run, so I barefooted down to the garage and did a small dumbbell circuit.
Got into work, got humiliated yet again by my 'manager'..I shall use the term extremely loosely.
Somehow, my emailing a PDF document through for approval, and the subsequent manager approving, and then denying... was my fault. No matter.
Had a chat with the bigger boss today and told him what's been going on for a while and that I was really considering my employment options at the moment as I was finding that type of attitude really difficult to continue working with. I've now been humiliated in front of a company that we were sponsoring an initiative of, and a few too many times in the office. Scorpios and Geminis should never work alongside each other!
Looking forward to the weekend - hopefully I'll be able to get a riding boot on my foot so that I can safely hobble around my horse and also so that I can ride.

No comments: