Tuesday, May 15, 2007

No Hot Water!!!!

Now, amidst all the joy of having a new roof, new gutters, new back room, there has to be a little pain right?! Well, that pain is possibly going to be in the shape of COLD showers for a few days (at least I hope it's only for a few days...well, I hope it's only 1 day...)..We have had one of our two roofers off sick yesterday with the vomiting bug...then the other left after a few hours feeling queasy also...then the crane turned up as promised this morning to remove our solar hot water system from the roof. Now that thing has been there for 20 years at least, and we thought for sure it would crack or be damaged in the removal process...(actually I better not speak too soon..it still has to be picked back up by the crane and returned..) anyhow, the hot water plumber said it still looked in great nick! Well, we see what happens when it gets put back on.

This week has been so busy at work. So many projects going on at the moment - we have budget left that we need to spend!! Crazy time. New TV commercial in the pipeline, two brand 'stingers' being shot for the Lifestyle Channel, New online brand centres, new online colour centre, and new photo shoots for new brochures!!!!!
But... I have beached on Monday morning (LOL, sounds like I did a whale impersonation), kickboxed on Monday night, hit the beach with my friend on Tuesday morning, - and the sand has been hell, no hard stuff for those two days, Rode the wild beast last night who was just pretending that EVERYTHING was so scary as he leapt around like a young loony, it helps just to laugh at them when they do that - that way you don't portray any nerves (because if you're scared, then there must be something really scary around), and it really calms them down...eventually. Luckily this morning, the tide was a little lower so I had some firm sand to jog on, then I hit the soft stuff for some sprints, tonight is kickboxing again.

Something is working at the moment. The fat is starting to drip off me, which is great... this is generally where I start to get into strife. I get scared to change things, but I KNOW that changing things is the best thing to do to keep it up.
I need to add more weights back into my routine but at the moment I'm enjoying beaching in the mornings and kickboxing/riding at nights. That will have to change! I think I might have to swap one of my beach mornings just with some dumbbell workouts - or swap my Wed kickbox workout for a good weights session!

1 comment:

Sue said...

You've tired me out just reading your blog let alone actually doing all of that work. Phew